dmpipes: Here is 5-Axis milling machine I put together using...





dmpipes:

Here is 5-Axis milling machine I put together using old parts, aluminum plate, and custom hardware..

I used a NEWS Yamatokoki mfg. rotary table that was made in Japan, an English made Myford milling attachment, and American made Taig lathe parts… This machine was made in 4 countries! haha. 

Unlike conventional milling machines, the spindle moves side to side and back to front instead of the table. The entire column to raise and lower the spindle is rotatable to approach the rotary table from two different axis. 

It’s quite heavy, and in use has very little vibration because the spindle is driven by a flax shaft that dampens the vibration from the motor. 

To test the machine I milled tiny rings into maple that were less than a millimeter in diameter. That’s accurate enough for me. 



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1jpsWiZ

Comments

Popular Posts